- The GORSE Gets Healthy Twitter and Instagram accounts have many exciting and useful tips on keeping healthy. This will include ideas on how to improve your diet. There will be regular posts on how to prepare healthy cost effective meals – @gorsegethealthy
- We will be delivering a number of health and nutrition sessions for students, parents and carers. Please attend these sessions with your children to improve your knowledge of health and fitness.
- We are currently in the process of filming a GORSE gets healthy, healthy eating series. The series will look at producing low cost, healthy meals which are quick and easy to make. Please click on the link below for the 1st episode.
- Use the information on this website and try implement the guidelines at home. The small changes will add up quickly!
- Across the GORSE Academies Trust, we will not be permitting energy drinks, fizzy drinks, chocolate or sweets. This is to encourage students to opt for healthier options. If students bring these items onto academy premises, they will receive a negative comment. Please encourage your child to think about the healthier options they can include in their pack-up and for snacks.
- GORSE gets Healthy is working closely with Taylor Shaw to ensure we are supplying all students with tasty and nutritional meals every day.
- If your child brings a pack up to school, use our pack-up support page to ensure you are providing your child with a nutritious meal each day.
A well-balanced diet provides important vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to keep the body and mind strong and healthy. Eating well can also help ward off numerous diseases and health complications, as well as helping maintain a healthy body weight, providing energy, allowing better sleep, and improving brain function.